Thanks for choosing Beeline Title!
Beeline Title (“Beeline,” “we” or “us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your personal information and privacy when you’re visiting our website, portal or any other tools found on our site or mobile applications. We want our services to be safe and enjoyable environments for you.
We want to transparently explain how and why we gather, store, share and use your personal information and outline the controls and choices you have around when and how you choose to share this information.
We want you to feel comfortable and confident when using our website. Here’s how we do that:
- We provide you notice of our website information practices.
- We tell you how and why we use web technologies.
- We outline how the personally identifiable information that you give us may be used.
- We give you the ability to update or correct your personally identifiable information.
- We outline the ways we protect your information.
We’ll also offer you ways to contact us about our information practices and other aspects of privacy.
YOUR SECURITY AND PRIVACY
By using our website, you are consenting to the use of information and agreeing to these guidelines and the other Beeline policies described on our website.
Beeline does not share your personal information with outside companies (non-affiliated companies) for their promotional use without your consent.
Because we’re in the business of title and settlement services, our websites aren’t for anyone under 18. So, we don’t knowingly attempt to solicit or receive any information from children.
We don’t make our advertising decisions based on political affiliations or in support of, or against, any political or religious group.We firmly believe in the right of free speech, however, we also believe we have an obligation to ensure our advertising does not appear in content that is detrimental to our brand values.We won’t advertise within programs that consistently exploit excessive or gratuitous violence or sexuality, which demean or denigrate any religion, race, sex or which are otherwise lacking in good taste.
Should our advertising appear within programming content that violates these guidelines we’ll review the content in question and make decisions about the appropriateness of that program for future consideration.
WE PROVIDE YOU NOTICE OF OUR WEBSITE INFORMATION PRACTICES.
To maximize the value of our services, we may request information from you when you visit our website.We won’t share your personal information with outside companies for their promotional use, however we do use third party services who may access your information for the purpose of processing your transaction(think an abstractor, underwriter or lender).
Here’s a description of the information we collect and how it’s used / disclosed
- We may supply the information you provide, on a strictly confidential basis, to service providers, such as lenders, title examiners, abstractors, title attorneys, etc. who assist us in processing and closing your transaction.
- Electronic communication: We provide you the opportunity to subscribe to email communications. You can unsubscribe by following the instructions provided in each communication.
- Mandatory and optional information: We identify what information is required to fulfill your request. If you choose not to provide us with this information, we will not be able to provide you the service you are requesting. As part of your use of our website, we may collect information that may include your name, address, social security number, the location and value of the property related to the requested title and settlement services, financial information about your assets and income, financial accounts, insurance and other information. As part of this process, you consent to Beeline obtaining a credit report and for us to use this information as described in this policy. The services offered by Beeline require the use of a soft inquiry on your credit. You authorize Beeline to conduct a soft pull of your credit. We will also collect information about your activity on the Beeline website and use that information as described in this policy.
- Within the Beeline family: Within the Beeline family, which includes, but is not limited to, our lending company affiliate, we may exchange customer information to fulfill your request(s) or to provide you with information about other products or services, if you have chosen to receive such communications.
- Service providers: We employ or use service providers such as title examiners, abstractors, title attorneys, consultants, and temporary workers, third party software developers, etc.to complete a business process or provide a service on our behalf.For example, we may use service providers to enhance our website technology, deliver products, or to send emails.When we employ service providers, we may need to share your personally identifiable information.Service providers are strictly prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for purposes other than to act on our behalf.Realtors are not considered our service providers.If you have a realtor, we will update them with certain milestones of your transaction, but we will not share your sensitive information with them without your consent.Unless you have given us permission to do so, your information will not be given to any realtor with whom you do not have an existing relationship.
- Data providers: We use a number of third party data providers.These providers allow us to provide you with a better experience by bypassing the old - fashioned document gathering - and they are listed here: LexisNexis, Resware, Premier One, Amazon Web Services, SourcePoint, Avanze, Azure, Paylynxs, Docutech, Ernst, BlackKnight, Data Trace, Google, Tower Title & Closing, BC Law, Uptown, Title Clearing and Escrow, Reddog Research, various TDI approved title companies in Texas, Courthouse Direct, Proplogix, Charles Jones, SnapDocs, WFG National Title Insurance Company, Westcor Land Title Insurance Company, First American Title, Stewart, First National Title and Escrow, Notarize, Simplifile, Wells Fargo(banking), Rezervology and Flueid.Their respective privacy policies can be found on their websites.You accept that we may share your information with these data partners so they can give us the insight we need into things like your property records, taxes, account information, etc.that are needed for your title and settlement services.The information we share includes, but is not limited to, your full name, birth date, address, telephone number and social security number(only where necessary).In the event you are directed to or use a third party company’s website, these third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them.They will govern the use of personal information you submit or are collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites.We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
- Service alerts and critical notices: Although we respect and honor the privacy preferences you have expressed, we may need to contact you to inform you of specific changes that may impact your ability to use this service or for other critical non - marketing purposes, such as bug alerts.We may also contact you to respond to your specific requests, to clarify the order of information you gave us, or to let you know about upcoming subscription expiration dates.
- Change of control: Your personally identifiable information may be transferred in connection with a sale, merger, transfer, exchange or other disposition(whether of assets, stock or otherwise) of all or a portion of a business of Beeline.You will have the opportunity to opt out of further secondary use of your information following any change of control.
- Legal disclosures: In some cases we may disclose certain information to comply with a legal process such as a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or law enforcement request.
- Hosting: Our website, portal and mobile applications are hosted by a third party service provider on servers located in the United States.If you are in a non - US jurisdiction, you may be sending your personal information to the United States, which may or may not have laws that provide an equivalent level of data protection to the laws of your home country.
WE TELL YOU HOW AND WHY WE USE WEB TECHNOLOGIES.
Here is how and why we use some common web technologies to help manage our websites
- If you are a registered member on the Beeline Title website, you will receive a cookie when you log in. This cookie is maintained by your browser and contains your identifier. This cookie is also used to authenticate your identity and provide you with access to areas of our website that are limited to registered members, such as those that allow you to view and manage your personal profile.
- Additionally, Beeline service providers that serve ads on affiliate and/or advertiser websites may assign different cookies and small graphical images called single-pixel GIFs or web beacons, to your browser to track the effectiveness of our advertising on other websites and your involvement with Beeline. We may also employ service providers who may assign cookies or web beacons to your browser to assist us in collecting website usage data such as your IP address, session ID, URL and demographic information such as your zip code. The collection of data may include personally identifiable information. We do not track URLs that you type into your browser, nor do we track you across the internet once you leave our site.
- Your web browser may be set to accept cookies automatically, but can be changed to decline them. If you wish to remove cookies provided by Beeline, please check your browser's settings and its Help section for instructions for removing cookies from your browser. If you decline to accept cookies, then you may be required to re-register each time you download or request materials from the website.
- Website usage data: Our website tracks usage data, including, for example, your IP address, your browser type and version, which pages you view, which page, if any, linked you to our site, and which link, if any, you follow off of our site. We use this data in the aggregate and on an individual level to better understand website activity to improve our site offerings, to reconstruct activity from a session or by a user, for troubleshooting and issue resolution purposes. We may also use this data to provide you a more personalized website experience, assistance with technical support questions, to send you special offers, product and service updates, or other promotional materials that are relevant and tailored to your interests. If you do not want to receive these offers or promotions, simply indicate your contact preferences during the registration process, within any future communications to us or by sending an email to[email protected]. We do not share your information with outside companies for their promotional use, however we do use certain functionality from Google and others for data analytics and advertising us and our products on the internet. We have implemented the following features with Google: Tag Manager, Analytics, Optimize & Ads.
- Social media sites and Marketing security practices: We use social media to connect with and market to the public, our customers, and potential customers of the Beeline family. Your activity on third party websites is governed by the security and privacy policies of each third party website. Users of third party websites often share information with the general public, user community, and/or the third party vendors operating these websites, which may use this information in a variety of ways. Consequently, you should review the privacy policies of the third party website before using it and ensure that you understand how this information may be used. You may be able to adjust privacy settings on your accounts on any third party website or application to match your preferences. The information posted on or directed at us through social media is generally available to the public. To protect your privacy, do not include information you want to keep private or any other sensitive personal information in your social media activity, comments or responses. This information may be archived independently on, and retention of such information is governed by the third party website. Additionally, we may use third party marketing platforms and other data analytics tools to analyze your preferences and certain transaction details. In order to maximize these capabilities, we may store some data about you on those platforms.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We give you the opportunity to control the use of your personal information for purposes outside of completing and servicing your loan. For example, occasionally, we may use your contact information to send you promotional communications about Beeline products, including those of our affiliates. These communications may include email, telephone, texts and direct mail. If you don’t wish to receive these, you can tell us your contact preferences during the information collection process, or you can call us at (401)307-3201 or send an email to[email protected].
We use Google for certain marketing purposes. If you wish to opt out of Google’s use of your information for marketing purposes, you may opt out through this linkhttps://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/ and follow the instructions on the website.
Additionally, you can manage your ad preferences with Google through the following linkhttps://adssettings.google.com/
To help illustrate how we use your personal information, see the handy chart below:
|Reason we share personal information||Who would information be shared with?||Does Beeline share?||Reason for Sharing||Can you opt out?|
|For everyday business purposes (process your transaction, respond to legal investigations, court orders or report to credit bureaus)||Us/third parties we must share with||Yes||Business purpose||No|
|For our marketing purposes (to offer our products and services to you; which may include sharing with third party systems for personalization, etc.)||Us||No||Marketing||Not shared|
|For Beeline's group of affiliated companies' everyday business purposes (information about your transaction, creditworthiness and experiences)||Beeline's family of companies||Yes||Business purpose||No|
|For Beeline's group of affiliated companies' marketing purposes||Beeline's family of companies||Yes||Marketing||Yes|
|For third party business purposes (information about your transaction, creditworthiness and experiences)||Third parties||Yes||Business purpose||No|
|For third parties to market to you (including co-marketing with other financial companies)||Third parties||No||Marketing||Not shared|
SPECIAL NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS:
Effective January 1, 2020, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) allows California residents, upon a verifiable consumer request, to request that a business that collects consumers’ personal information to give consumers access, in a portable and (if technically feasible) readily usable form, to the specific pieces and categories of personal information that the business has collected about the consumer, the categories of sources for that information, the business or commercial purposes for collecting the information, and the categories of third parties with which the information was shared. California residents also have the right to submit a request for deletion of information under certain circumstances. Consistent with California law, if you choose to exercise your rights, we won’t charge you different prices or provide different quality of services unless those differences are related to your information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked to a particular consumer or device (also known as “Personal Information”).
In particular, we may collect the following categories of Personal Information about you within the last twelve (12) months:
|Identifiers||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||Yes|
|Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some Personal Information included in this category may overlap with other categories.||Yes|
|Protected Classifications||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||Yes|
|Commercial Information||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||Yes|
|Biometric Information||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||No|
|Internet, Browsing, or Other Network Information||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||Yes|
|Geolocation Data||Physical location or movements.||Yes|
|Sensory Data||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||Yes|
|Professional or Employment Information||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||Yes|
|Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99))||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||No|
|Inferences drawn from other personal information||Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||No|
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government agencies,
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information, or
- Information excluded from the scope of the California Consumer Protection Act (“CCPA”), including, but not limited to, Personal Information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA).
SOURCES OF INFORMATION
We may obtain the categories of Personal Information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, through use of our websites (as described below in How and Why We Use Web Technologies), when obtaining a product or services from us, when signing up for communications from us, through telephone or web-based surveys, online chat, customer service correspondence or general feedback, or when you apply for a job with us.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our websites.
- From third parties. For example, information provided by third parties such as title examiners, abstractors, etc.
- Through cookies, tracking tools, and other automated technologies. As described in How and Why We Use Web Technologies above.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes or commercial purposes:
- To provide services to you;
- To maintain your account with us;
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website;
- To detect fraud;
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses;
- To our affiliates to provide services to you (for example, escrow or title services);
- For our affiliates to market to you (unless you have opted out);
- For our affiliates business purposes;
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, services, databases and other technology assets, and business;
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations;
- For auditing purposes;
- For quality control purposes; and/or
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
When we use your information for a business purpose, it means such use is reasonably necessary and proportionate to achieve an operational purpose of Beeline. When we use your information for a commercial purpose, it means such use is intended to advance Beeline’s business interests, such as by inducing you to buy one of our products or services.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
We give you the opportunity to control the use of your Personal Information for purposes outside of completing and servicing your transaction. For example, occasionally, we may use your contact information to send you promotional communications about Beeline products, including those of our affiliates. These communications may include email, telephone, texts and direct mail. If you don’t wish to receive these, you can tell us your contact preferences during the information collection process, or you can call us at (401)307-3201 or send an email to [email protected].
We use Google for certain marketing purposes. If you wish to opt out of Google’s use of your information for marketing purposes, you may opt out through this link https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/ and follow the instructions on the website.
Additionally, you can manage your ad preferences with Google through the following link https://adssettings.google.com/
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may share your Personal Information by disclosing it to a third party for a business purpose. We only make these business purpose disclosures with third parties who are bound by confidentiality obligations or as otherwise provided for in this Notice. In the preceding twelve (12) months, we may have disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose to the categories of third parties indicated in the chart below:
|Personal Information Category||Business Purpose Disclosures||Sales|
|Identifiers||Yes, to third party partners for title and settlement related services|
|Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))||Yes, to third party partners for title and settlement related services|
|Internet, Browsing, or Other Network Information||No|
|Sensory Data||our service providers||No|
|Professional or Employment Information||No|
|Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99))||n/a||n/a|
|Inferences drawn from other personal information||n/a||n/a|
YOUR CONSUMER RIGHTS
You may access all information we’ve collected and retained about you for purposes of corrective, amending, downloading, or deleting such information. Access can be obtained by filling out a Privacy Request, or contacting us at [email protected].
To protect your privacy and security, we may take reasonable steps to help verify your identity before granting access, making corrections, providing you with information, or deleting information.
- Access and Correction
- Right to Request Disclosure
You have the right to request that we disclose the following to you:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- Right to Request Deletion
You have the right to request that we delete any personal information about you which we have collected from you. To make such a request, please fill out a Privacy Request, or contact us at [email protected]
- California Shine the Light Disclosure
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide personal information to the website may request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please fill out a Privacy Request, or contact us at [email protected].
- RIGHT TO OPT-OUT OF SALE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Beeline Title will not sell your information to a Third Party.
Exercising Your Rights to Know or Delete
To exercise your rights to know or delete described above, please submit a request by either:Calling us at 1-800-550-6602
Emailing us at [email protected]
Completing the Privacy Request Form located at https://privacy.makeabeeline.com/webform/76b588df-082a-41eb-be38-040915a9356f/19d80991-56a8-4075-993d-afbac68193c8
Verification and Processing of Requests
Upon receiving your request, we will verify your identity using your Personal Information. Then we will process your request. You may only submit a request to know twice within a twelve (12) month period. In order to verify your request, your request must provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or are an authorized representative of such person and describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate and respond to it. The request should include the date of the request, your name, address and telephone number, the type of request (request to know - categories of information, request to know - specific information, request to delete information, etc.) and if applicable, your file number.
We will be unable to respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. You may make such a designation by providing the agent with written permission to act on your behalf. As permitted by law, we may require you to verify your own identity in response to a request even if you choose to use an authorized agent. We may require authorized agents to provide verification that they act on your behalf, as permitted by applicable law.
Timing of Response
For a Request to Delete or Request to Know Categories, we will strive to fulfill these requests within 45 days from the date we receive your request or as otherwise required by law. If additional time is needed to complete any request, we will notify you that additional time is needed, tell you the reason that we need additional time, and tell you when you can expect your request to be completed.
For a Request to Know Specific Pieces Report, we may need an additional 45 day extension to respond to your request, as these requests will be burdensome and we will have to work with multiple systems and service providers in order to fulfill your request. Therefore, you can expect to receive your Specific Pieces Report within 90 days of your request.
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of Your Privacy Rights
You have the right to be protected from discrimination for exercising your CCPA rights. We cannot and will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the statute, including by: (A) denying you goods or services; (B) charging you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties; (C) providing you with a different level or quality of goods or services; or (D) suggesting that you will receive a different price, rate, level, or quality of goods or services. Nothing prohibits a business from charging a different price or providing a different level or quality of service if the difference is reasonably related to the value provided to the consumer by the consumer’s data.
SALE OF INFORMATION
Beeline Title will not sell your information to a Third Party.
ABILITY TO UPDATE OR CORRECT YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION.
You can update or correct the contact and loan application information that you’ve given us, at any time. You may review and update information stored in your application online until you submit your application. Once you have submitted your application, you may only change the information by directly contacting our operations team at (401)307-3201 or emailing us at [email protected].
Beeline recommends that you do not use email communications to send us sensitive personal information. If you need to change that personal information, you should call us directly.
You may have rights in non-U.S. countries, such as objecting to, and blocking the processing of your personal information. For security reasons, Beeline will take steps to authenticate your identity before providing you with access to personal information.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your non-public personal information. Encryption technology is used when loan applications and other non-public personal information is transmitted over the internet. We restrict access to non-public personal information to those employees who need to know that information to provide our services to you. Our employees are bound by a Confidentiality Agreement requiring confidential treatment of all such information. We train our employees in security procedures and we conduct audits to verify compliance with these procedures.
Additionally, we use industry-recognized security safeguards to protect your information from loss, misuse or unauthorization alteration.
WAYS TO CONTACT US ABOUT SECURITY AND PRIVACY.